Crystal Oscillator is an Electronics Oscillator circuit which uses the mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material to generate an electrical signal with an accurate frequency. It also has automatic amplitude control and frequency drift is also very low due to change in temperature. Crystal Oscillators are only suitable for high-frequency application.
Every microcontroller needs a crystal oscillator as a clock source for providing accurate timing. The reason for using two capacitors in series with crystal oscillator is to resonate with the crystal inductance which cause the crystal to oscillate on its fundamental parallel resonant mode. Crystal Oscillators have two leads, there is no polarity for crystals and hence can be connected in both directions.
- Clock 11.0592MHz
- 18pF of Load Capacitance
- Frequency Tolerance(Ƹf/f) range is ± 30ppm
- Frequency Temperature Stability range is ±50ppm
- Resonance Resistance 40ohms (max)
- Oscillation mode: Fundamental mode
- Shunt Capacitance less than 7pF
- Drive Level less than 100µW
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to + 70°C
- Operable Temperature Range: -25 to + 85°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -55 to + 125°C
- Insulation Resistance: 500 M ohms