The ADC0804 is a commonly used ADC module, for projects were an external ADC is required. It is a 20-pin Single channel 8-bit ADC module. Meaning it can measure one ADC value from 0V to 5V and the precision when voltage reference (Vref –pin 9) is +5V is 19.53mV (Step size). That is for every increase of 19.53mV on input side there will be an increase of 1 bit at the output side.
This IC is very Ideal to use with Microprocessors like Raspberry Pi, Beagle bone etc.. Or even to use as a standalone ADC module. Every ADC module requires a clock to function; this IC comes with its own internal clock so you don’t have to worry about it. Hence, if you are looking for a compact ADC module with a decent resolution of 8-bit then this IC is for you.
- Easy to interface with all Microprocessors or works Stand alone.
- Single channel 8-bit ADC module
- On chip Clock available, no need of external Oscillator (Clock)
- Digital output various from 0 to 255
- When Vref = 5V, for every 19.53mV of analog value there will be rise of one bit on digital side (Step size)