The ADC0808 IC is a commonly used ADC module for projects were an external ADC is required. It is a 28-pin Eight channel 8-bit ADC module. Meaning it can measure up to eight ADC value from 0V to 5V and the precision when voltage reference (Vref –pin 9) is +5V is 19.53mV (Step size). That is for every increase of 19.53mV on input side there will be an increase of 1 bit at the output side.
This IC is very Ideal to use with Microprocessors like Raspberry Pi, Beagle bone etc.. Or even to use as a standalone ADC module. Every ADC module requires a clock to function; this IC requires an external clock pulse to work. Hence, if you are looking for a ADC module with a decent resolution of 8-bit that could measure up to 8 channels then this IC is for you.
- Easy to interface with all Microprocessors or works Stand alone.
- Eight channel 8-bit ADC module
- Can measure up to 8 Analog values seamlessly
- On chip Clock not available, external Oscillator is needed (Clock)
- Digital output various from 0 to 255, Operating power is 15mW, conversion time 100us
- When Vref = 5V, for every 19.53mV of analog value there will be rise of one bit on digital side (Step size)