LM35 Temperature Sensor
LM35 is a precision IC temperature sensor with its output proportional to the temperature (in degree Celsius). The sensor circuitry is sealed and therefore it is not subjected to oxidation and other processes. With LM35, temperature can be measured more accurately than with a thermistor. It also possess low self heating and does not cause more than 0.1 oC temperature rise in still air.
The LM35 device does not require any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies of ±¼°C at room temperature and ±¾°C over a full −55°C to 150°C temperature range. The voltage output of the LM35 increases 10mV per degree Celsius rise in temperature. LM35 can be operated from a 5V supply and the stand by current is less than 60uA.
- Calibrated Directly in Celsius (Centigrade)
- Linear + 10-mV/°C Scale Factor
- 0.5°C Ensured Accuracy (at 25°C)
- Rated for Full −55°C to 150°C Range
- Suitable for Remote Applications
- Low-Cost Due to Wafer-Level Trimming
- Operates From 4 V to 30 V
- Less Than 60-µA Current Drain
- Low Self-Heating, 0.08°C in Still Air
- Non-Linearity Only ±¼°C Typical
- Low-Impedance Output, 0.1 Ω for 1-mA Load