PIC18F4550 is an 8-bit microcontroller of PIC18 family. PIC18F family is based on 16-bit instruction set architecture. PIC18F4550 consists of 32 KB flash memory, 2 KB SRAM and 256 Bytes EEPROM. This is a 40 pin PIC Microcontroller consisting of 5 I/O ports (PORTA, PORTB, PORTC, PORTD and PORTE). PORTB and PORTD have 8 pins to receive/transmit 8-bit I/O data. The remaining ports have different numbers of pins for I/O data communications.
PIC18F4550 can work on different internal and external clock sources. It can work on a varied range of frequency from 31 KHz to 48 MHz. PIC18F4550 has four in-built timers. There are various inbuilt peripherals like ADC, comparators etc in this controller.
PIC18F4550 is an advanced microcontroller which is equipped with enhanced communication protocols like EUSART, SPI, I2C, USB etc.
- Program Memory Type: Flash
- Program Memory Size (KB): 64
- CPU Speed (MIPS/DMIPS): 10
- SRAM Bytes: 3,328
- Data EEPROM/HEF (bytes): 1024
- Digital Communication Peripherals: 1-UART, 1-SPI, 1-I2C1-MSSP(SPI/I2C)
- Capture/Compare/PWM Peripherals: 1 CCP, 1 ECCP
- Timers: 1 x 8-bit, 3 x 16-bit
- ADC Input: 11 ch, 10-bit
- Number of Comparators: 2
- Number of CAN Modules: 1 CAN
- Temperature Range (C): -40 to 150
- Operating Voltage Range (V): 2 to 5.5
- Pin Count: 40