The ULN2803A is a high-voltage, high-current Darlington transistor array. The device consists of eight npn Darlington pairs that feature high-voltage outputs with common-cathode clamp diodes for switching inductive loads. The collector-current rating of each Darlington pair is 500 mA. The Darlington pairs may be connected in parallel for higher current capability. Applications include relay drivers, hammer drivers, lamp drivers, display drivers (LED and gas discharge), line drivers, and logic buffers. The ULN2803A has a 2.7-kΩ series base resistor for each Darlington pair for operation directly with TTL or 5-V CMOS devices.
- Maximum voltage allowed between COLLECTOR and EMITTER of each DARLINGTON TRANSISTOR: 50V
- Maximum current allowed trough COLLECTOR of each DARLINGTON TRANSISTOR: 500mA
- Maximum voltage allowed between BASE and EMITTER of each DARLINGTON TRANSISTOR: 30V
- Maximum current allowed trough FLYBACK DIODE of each DARLINGTON TRANSISTOR: 500mA
- Typical Rise Time: 130ns
- Typical Fall Time: 20us
- Operating temperature: -65°C to 150 °C
- No additional power needed to be applied for chip for making it work.